How long for BCO to make decision?

Hi,

I had a visit and site inspection from my BCO to look at my oil fired boiler and tank installation last Thursday .

The BCO hadn't a clue what he was looking for and was surprised that I had an oil tank, despite me stating the make and model of the tank and boiler on the bnuilding notice - VERY worrying!!

As he hadn't a clue what he was looking at and what to check he asked me for technical info on the boiler, tank, fire valve and tiger loop. I dropped photocopies of this off at the Civic Centre on Friday lunch time.

I still haven't heard anything from him yet. How long should I be expected to wait for him to make a decision yay or nay, or should I start hassling him? I want this to go smoothly so I don't want to get on the wrong side of him and end up having to jump through endless hoops before he passes it (I did a lot of tongue biting on Thursday when I saw his performance).

Thanks

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy Gibson

Tell me about it.... (I finally got my project signed off a couple of weeks ago, having been through more hoops than you've had hot dinners...

Since many BCO decisions can have a big impact on projects, they are well used to having to make quick decisions; they realise that you're likely to have tradesmen standing by idle, waiting for BCO approval of whatever it is they are fitting etc. On the rare occasions my BCO couldn't give me a decision there and then, she always got back to me later the same day I think. So I would have thought a gentle prod was in order (but like you say, kid gloves are also definitely in order!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

trouble with dopey BCO. Won't climb steps to measure steels etc. When I asked if I should treat my BCO with kid gloves, my Structural man suggested Boxing Gloves. But then again they know each other.

Reply to
Sploop