How long before I can drive over concrete?

Evening All,

We have just had the drive paved, and there is a small patch that was concreted at the mouth of the drive. It's about 12" wide and about 2" to

3" deep. This was concreted yesterday morning.

Can I run the car over it tonight?

cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Will your driving licence allow it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well it doesn't specifially exclude it!

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Mike Hibbert laid this down on his screen :

Should be OK, but I would be inclined to put some boards across it where the tyres will run to reduce the point loading a bit.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

How wide are your tyres? How far apart are they? Will you 'hit' this foot wide concrete? It's two-three inches deep- but how long is it?

It's not a bad idea to leave concrete to 'cure' - harden by internal chemical reaction- for as long as possible' When I had a water pipe trench work done- I was advise to leave it for three days before parking the car over it.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

I would wait at least 48 Hrs.

And keep soaking it with water during that time - it doesn't cure by drying.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Depends if it's still wet and he turns out to have been driving a "track laying vehicle"

Reply to
Andy Dingley