How likely was this screw missing?

It probably wasn't missing - those kits are accurately weighed in manufacture as a check against this. Sometimes you might find a part has been erronously substituted so the total weight is the same.

I never fit the nameplate - why would I want to advertise the fan's maker and have it block some (very small) portion of the airflow?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

There's a little project here which involves measuring the airflow (and also noise level) with and without that name plate disc. I suspect it might perform some useful function.

I daren't suggest it to my nephew in case he gets inspired to try it without the protective mesh guard fitted, leading to the inevitable consequences which he is mysteriously unable to foresee.

Reply to
pamela

If the screw is from the label,just remove the other one

Reply to
F Murtz

There's no airflow at the centre, which is why they don't have fan blades there - or vv.

The whole story is unbelievable. You got a 16 year old to assemble this item, and: a) it works b) there's only one tiny screw missing c) he read the instructions, so he actually knows there's a screw missing, and d) he finished the job before winter set in.

I don't believe a word of it.

in case he gets inspired to try it

Reply to
GB

In message , Tim Watts writes

Wife has a habit of leaving old tissues in pockets when dumping clothes in the washing machine. The washing comes out covered in tiny bits of shedded tissue :-(

Reply to
News

+1
Reply to