How important is it to earth a exterior halogen floodlight?

BUT COULD !!!!!!! When they do they could kill. Hence the earth safety mechanism.

Only double insulated appliances require no earth. You see this on hairdryers, some lamps, etc.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It does not need to be RCD or RCBO protected as it is not an external socket or portable appliance, but I would ensure it was.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I was being facetious - but that seems to have escaped you.

Reply to
polygonum

OP: Do not take any advise from Drivel ^^

He normally wibbles on about plumbing disasters and how good his imaginary Prius is.

He is however, completely unqualified to talk about anything electrical.

He's our resident loony - we like him, but don't make any life changing decisions based on what he says ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

This guy is an total know-it-all idiot. Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Whereas this is you:

Tim Watts

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , polygonum writes

I think life is one great big *whoosh* for Dribble.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Do you suppose that you could stop repeating this inaccurate statement as it has been demonstrated beyond any doubt that the factors that trigger the requirement for RCD protection extend beyond just whether a general purpose socket will be fed from the circuit?

Reply to
John Rumm

I can imagine that looking up from your perspective, Tim must appear god like. However I am sure that he would not claim to know it all, and also rest assured, that with an open mind, and many years of careful study, you too could could begin to approach his level of knowledge. So don't put yourself down...

(unless it includes strong barbiturates that is, in which case, fill your boots)

Reply to
John Rumm

Do not imagine, you are from Essex, they don't do imagine in Essex.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This Essex Chav goes on Chav myth.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I very much doubt it :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What makes you think that only external sockets (f)or portable appliances need to be RCD protected?

Reply to
ARW

Dunno about being smart, because normally I'm pretty dense, but I will challenge Drivel to a competition involving this:

(Blair's Mega Death pepper sauce)

I'm rather getting into it...

Reply to
Tim Watts

That looks like fun... especially if it has a nice complex heat pattern ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

But this is getting silly :

John Rumm

En el artículo , Tim Watts escribió:

I don't envy you your morning constitutional. Rings of fire and all that...

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

This is encouraging. Self awareness. Keep it up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Taking your Pit-Bull for a walk is fun as well in your Chav mind I suppose.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel