How I cleared water from pipes to allow soldering

I wasn't try to claim I invented it, just made a home version that works really well at zero cost. My neighbour saw it and thought I was a genius, well it made me feel good anyway.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to put you down, just saying you had an idea that took the vacum cleaner industry years to invent.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

Nostrils are up the wrong way; best grip them by the ears pre-whirl.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The message from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

Humans really are a lousy bit of "design". If I were a creator I'd be ashamed to put my hand up to it!

Reply to
Guy King

Who was it that said: "When God created Man, she was only practising?"

David

Reply to
Lobster

Bollocks, it does.

It's your loss.

Reply to
manatbandq

We used to have an attachment for our ancient[1] electrolux cylinder vac for spraying paint and other watery fluids with the hose attached to the blow end of the machine. The attachment was like a glass kilner jar with a telescopic dip tube and a nozzle. There must have been a seal missing from the telescopic bit of the dip tube or summat as it never worked.

[1] I mean it'd be ancient now: it must have been 40+ years ago. Mind, it wasn't that new at the time.
Reply to
John Stumbles

I remember having one of those with the glass spray jar, one of the useful features of the cleaner was having a blow mode by attaching the pipe at the exhaust end. We're thinking about investing in a new vacuum cleaner ATM, do any contemporary ones do that, anyone?

Reply to
bof

You had to stick your finger over a hole to get it to spray.

I've got one of those! Also the "floor polisher".

It was very good for clearing pipe blockages, too, and blowing up air-beds and paddling pools.

Some of the Numatic tub vacuum cleaners do that, + there is a big range of tools/accessories, e.g. "Airo" brush. The "Quiet" NVQ200-22 blows, I think. See

under "Cleancare".

Reply to
Chris Bacon
[snip]

I've got one of these for the workshop:-

'm very impressed for the price. Happily sucks up just about anything you point it at, as well as blowing.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Good idea mate - If there's a much smaller quantity of water shove a chunk of bread up the pipe - provided you can flush it out afterwards of course.

Reply to
anon

In message , Colin Stamp writes

Ta, does look very good for the price, SWMBO is managing the purchase, so I suspect we'll end up with something rather more expensive and rather less industrial looking, maybe I'll just get one of those for the diy clearups then I can't get told off for spoiling the vacuum cleaner with building debris

Reply to
bof