How have the mighty fallen? OT.

IIRC from a Jeremy Clarkson programme the Dutch spend their entire summer holidays living in caravans with choco-sprinkles on everything.

It may not have been a completely unbiased representation.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh that's an old one, I prefer white pepper. It's almost the only time I use white pepper.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What's wrong with them. I /like/ beetroot sandwiches, either on its own or with cheese.

Reply to
<me9

Me too. I didn't know they were unusual.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

As I detest beetroot, the thought of them in sandwiches ...........................yuck! Graham

Reply to
graham

Why do they bother with the bread?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

You have a long way to go to catch up with me!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:03:51 +0100, Alan Holmes wrote (in article ):

How else could they dip it in their coffee?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Because they can't get Pot Noodles?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

Stops it melting all over your hands. On the beach you take the bar of chocolate out of the coolbag, snap a bit of and shove it into the bread. You can now eat it at a reasonable pace without it melting all over your fingers.

Reply to
Guy King

Try mashing a couple of bananas then mixing in half a tin of condensed milk. Spread thickly on bread.

Reply to
Bob Martin

"Alan Holmes" typed

To 'stretch' the chocolate, like a pie crust may stretch meat.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

I think you'll find a pair of Parker retractors will do a better job of stretching meat.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from Steve Firth contains these words:

I'd never have thought of using a couple of ballpens to do that with.

Reply to
Guy King

Excuse me, I feel si ....

Reply to
Mary Fisher

So do I, but often the beetroot doesn't get as far as the bread and butter!

But it HAS to be pickled!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Who on earth holds chocolate in their fingers long enough for it to melt, mine goes straight into my mouth!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Make sure you use the chrome plated ones.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Did she introduce the other bread sprinkles (maybe more Dutch than Flemish) such as Gestampte Muisjes (Stamped on little mice),

A confection made to resemble mouse feaces !

And Rose en Witte Muisjes

Ditto but coloured pink and white, specially for christenings !

Both flavoured with aniseed.

your Gran might not have known about was Hopjesvla. A mousse type pudding with a curiously familiar flavour you can't quite identify.

out Hopjes is a haunting coffee/caramel candy (boiled sweet) . The flavour of which was used a lot to flavour ice lollies in the UK in the '60s when I was at school. None of us knew what it was or was supposed to be that we were eating..

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

Derek ^ typed

No.

I had (Raadmakkers sp) Hopjes as sweets, which I loved...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht