How have the mighty fallen? OT.

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:14:32 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote (in article ):

I could have said surgery for cancer patients, or chemotherapy. That is also not all-inclusive.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:21:46 +0100, The Reid wrote (in article ):

On that I agree with you. The whole thing should have been dismantled.

yes it is. It leaves a substantial part of the population in a gap between federally funded programmes and having employment with medical insurance.

That has been tried multiple times for the last half century but has never worked. The internal market is but one example of that.

The mistaken belief that throwing money at something will automatically fix it.

Incompetent management certainly needs to be weeded out and facilities brought in line with clinical requirements. There should be clinically sound guidelines, but that's it - no other government meddling.

Absolutely. Healthcare should be organised at a local level in the organisations delivering it to meet the requirements of the region. This means not having a one size fits all national system and the waste that goes into trying to make that happen.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

I said 'put your money where your mouth is'. You replied, 'I already am'.

What would you call what you are doing here? Talking about food and drink?

Rubbish. You were giving another of your politician's answers.

Reply to
June Hughes

In message , Andy Hall writes

I wondered how long it would be before you descended to your correct level.

May I remind you that this is a food and drink group. OT threads are acceptable for so long and then they are discarded. I am now going to kill this thread, which I should have done long since. Whether or not anyone else does so is up to them.

Reply to
June Hughes

No it's not, it's a DIY newsgroup.

Not possible.

Indeed,the contents of your killfile are your concern. Quite why so many people think that others give a monkey's is a matter for bemusement.

Reply to
Steve Firth

But cross-posted to uk.d-i-y, which is how you got AH's replies. Incidentally (between us girls!) AH has another meaning ...

It - or one poster in particular - has become repetitive and boring. I decided to give up too, you can't reason with someone who expects you to be a mind reader, knows everything and has tunnel vision to boot. Silence is a good put-down :-)

Nice to see you again, June,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:26:22 +0100, June Hughes wrote (in article ):

... and so I am....

Doing where? The thread is marked as OT. This means that it is Off Topic and is therefore an indication to subscribers of a group that the subject matter is not one that is normally within the scope of it.

Hardly. You should see my tax return......

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:28:25 +0100, June Hughes wrote (in article ):

No it isn't - it's a DIY group.

They are acceptable for as long as anybody wishes to write to them.

You don't seem to know very much about the way that Usenet actually works, do you June?

You were always at liberty to read whatever you liked, or not. I told you that several times.

It is indeed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If you lose them all you will wish it hadn't happened!

In my case, overindulgence in all things sweet!

And the stupidity of dentists many years ago!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Where it has always gone, into the bottomless pocket of the exchequer, where it is used for a number of things unrelated to either the health service of pensions.

If, when the whole things started, the money had been invested for the use for which it was intended there would not be the problems which exist today.

Where do you think they go?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

No, what about the barmaid at the "Pigs Nose"?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I'm seriously considering adding you to my killfile, the problem is that if someone does respond to your posts I still have to read them!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I've usually been treated well by the NHS, except for the local outpatients, where there always book in 150 patients at the same time.

I managed to get over that by saying I had another appointment in half an hour, I was usually seen straight away!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Have you not noticed that he cannot read any more of your articles.

That does make you look stupid.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

My wife gets them on prescription!

Try getting hold of facts before you write.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

You have diabeties?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I have just looked through my very good Oxford dictionary, but nowhere can I find prandially!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

No it does not want shutting down just sack all the overlords, bring back Matron!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

That sounds like a good reasoon to shut it down!(:-)

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes