How does a Slip/Repair coupler differ from an ordinary one?

The BES catalogue lists "Slip/Repair Couplers MDPE x MDPE" (10153) as well as "Straight Couplers MDPE x MDPE" (9852), what's the difference?
I have a couple of places where it might be worth using a repair coupler but I'd quite like to know what I'm getting.

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

The normal couple has stops, so that you can only insert the pipe half way into the coupler. The slip coupler has no stop, so it can be slipperd completely over the pipe.
--
Grunff

coupler would not be able to be got on, pull one sideways, slip on the coupler, realign, slide it back to cover the joint.
(Sorry, Grunff, just in case it wasn't clear how to do it)
mike r

end of the pipe (rather difficult I would guess with the sealing rings) but, more to the point, you don't have to shorten the pipe where the leak is in order to get the coupler on.
Thanks both.

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote in message

Hi This was covered in this newsgroup a couple of days ago - look for the thread "Replacing compression joint" David