How does a Slip/Repair coupler differ from an ordinary one?

The BES catalogue lists "Slip/Repair Couplers MDPE x MDPE" (10153) as well as "Straight Couplers MDPE x MDPE" (9852), what's the difference?

I have a couple of places where it might be worth using a repair coupler but I'd quite like to know what I'm getting.

Reply to
usenet

The normal couple has stops, so that you can only insert the pipe half way into the coupler. The slip coupler has no stop, so it can be slipperd completely over the pipe.

Reply to
Grunff

Grunff wrote in news:bjf10b$i37lc$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-152899.news.uni-berlin.de:

So two pipes can be joined that butt up against each other where a normal coupler would not be able to be got on, pull one sideways, slip on the coupler, realign, slide it back to cover the joint.

(Sorry, Grunff, just in case it wasn't clear how to do it)

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

Ah, I'm with it, not only could you slip the repair coupler on from the end of the pipe (rather difficult I would guess with the sealing rings) but, more to the point, you don't have to shorten the pipe where the leak is in order to get the coupler on.

Thanks both.

Reply to
usenet

Hi This was covered in this newsgroup a couple of days ago - look for the thread "Replacing compression joint" David

Reply to
David