How do you pay in a cheque by post?

Do you not bother to read replies to your posts? Several posters have offered solutions. Your bank address is one of two possible:

Equivalent Codes:

20-90-69 20 90 69 WANDSWORTH LEICESTERSHIRE, LE87 2BB, Phone: (845) 7555555, LEICESTER England

BARCLAYS BANK PLC 209074

Equivalent Codes:

20-90-74 20 90 74 WANDSWORTH 2 LEICESTERSHIRE, LE87 2BB, Phone: (845) 7555555, LEICESTER England
Reply to
Richard

I don't see why not. Enable Wifi on the phone and it should route data over your fixed line. I only ever let mine update its apps that way.

Just remember to switch data off again to save battery life.

Reply to
Martin Brown

SWMBO's branch is still where she went to Uni. AFAIR, she's been to that city - the opposite side of the country to where we now live - precisely once in the last two decades.

My bank don't even pretend I have a branch.

Reply to
Adrian

They probably won't issue you a chequebook unless you specifically request it. For pay-in, they'll probably suggest you pick up some slips next time you're in a branch...

Reply to
Adrian

Does that look like a full postal address to you?

It doesn't to me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The one for the Business Account I run from Barclays is identical. It works

Reply to
charles

Just putting Barclays, LE87 2BB on the envelope would it get there. But googling the postcode says 1 Churchill Place, Leicester.

Reply to
Adrian

You need a house No to accompany the post code if you want it to go to the exact house. A post code covers several houses (usually).

Reply to
Bod

Oh dear :( Didn't realise that you needed it in pictures, my fault entirely:

BARCLAYS BANK PLC Wandsworth Branch Leicester LE87 2BB Leicestershire England

Even a handy phone number to phone and moan: Phone:+44 845 7555555

Reply to
Richard

Is that how you write a full postal address? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It says 'Wandsworth' on it, Charles? Or the sort code?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which, of course, isn't a national UK number.

0845 755555 was a number for Barclays, but not any more.

And if you do try and get through on the new one it's the usual performance of attempting to get to a human to answer your question.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The solution is to change your bank. Why accept lousy service?

Reply to
Capitol

I'd leave out the Leicestershire and England bit, but yes. So, for the hard of thinking: BARCLAYS BANK PLC Wandsworth Branch Leicester LE87 2BB

Reply to
Richard

Richard

Don't be obtuse. Those are not part of the address.

That is: Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB

Reply to
charles

I've found extrememy helpful people on the 0345 Business number

Reply to
charles

But many companies have their own postcodes.

Reply to
charles

Never use telephone banking. Can manage everything I need to with a PC. Except paying in cheques.

Of course if I wanted to buy insurance from them they'd have a number which is answered immediately.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's Barclays, ffs. What do you expect?

Reply to