How do I stack these appliances without serious risk of injury!

Tiny room in student halls.. central london.. space is a PREMIUM

Please see pictures of the two items:

    are on a table (next to each other)

I want to stack them

But the risk.... the one on top could fall of!

And ideas?

Reply to
Chris.Holland16

It could but only if you put all the weight in the door. The door is for milk (you know - goes in tea) the rest is for beer :)

Get plenty of beer in either and you won't have a problem :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Go to a furniture store, and buy some cheap plastic cups designed to protect flooring from marks left by table legs. Use araldite to bond four of them to the lower unit, so that the peg-feet of the upper unit locate in them. Or bodge something similar using scrap, and spend the money on beer....

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ask Zanussi. I bet these things are designed to stack on each other. Quite possibly the manual is already on-line and may well mention this.

They're only fridges, not washing machines, so they'll stack pretty easily and not try to shake themselves apart. Just make sure you allow adequate ventilation round the evaporator at the back (the manual / Zanussi should tell you), otherwise they'll cost a fortune to run and may not stay cold enough.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Put a shelf or cupboard about 2 or 3 inches above them and use a couple of packers to hold them in place. Choose the packers first and the job's half done. You need the packers for clearance to allow air to flow from the heat exchanger.

Do they teach grammar at your college? And why not just buy a second hand fridge freezer?

I can't get over Google working like this. Feels good but I don't trust it. Is it working now because they fixed the glitches when they installed stuff for the NSA?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Get some 1/2" MDF, and drill a hole part-way through for each of the feet on the things. Stand one on that, and put the whole lot on top ot the other, using blobs of blu-tack or similar on top of the thing that's underneath. You could emulsion the MDF if you're particular.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

my grammar sucks - i am dyselxic

i don't really care - my spoken grammar is fine but my written spelling and grammar aren't. besides, i'm not writing a novel, i'm posting on a newsgroup. duh..

I am a student. I can't afford to a second hand one

besides, these appliances are very small - they are table-top versions. You can't buy anything else like it...

Reply to
Chris.Holland16

the condensor is at the back! (the evaporator is inside)

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

Never could rememebr which was which 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They'll probably be fine, but if you want to be sure they don't move you can stick them together with gaffer tape.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I concur - I did this, stacking a fridge ontop of a freezer. I used self adhesive black rubber feet from Bodgit Quick. The feet had good grip and also located inside the slight lip on the surface of the lower appliance.

Never fell off, even with the washing machine shaking the floor.

Then again I didn;t have any small kids or drunk students around then - so the gaffer tape would be a good idea.

Stick the heavier appliance on the bottom.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I know someone who once stacked a tumbler on top of a washer.

The washing machine shook the tumbler onto the floor, wedging it in the narrow gap between the machines and the inward-opening door. The tumbler (running an earlier load) then jammed, but kept heating.

With the smell of scorching clothes seeping out, they had to break a hole through the door to get in and turn it all off - the CU was in the same room.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

>> 2.

fridge. Place on top of freezer.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I am convinced there is a market (single / older person households, smaller houses) for a normal or even slimline under-counter sized appliance that is a proper fridge-freezer and not a fridge with an icebox, and not overpriced.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why the need for a separate freezer, to store loads of ready meals and pizza? ;)

How about a normal fridge with 4* icebox? More space for storing beer!

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

thanks for the advice.

never heard of gaffer tape before...

just reading

's strong stuff then?

Reply to
Chris.Holland16

> Take fridge. Place on top of freezer.

Fridge falls off. Lands on face. Pain.

Reply to
Chris.Holland16

Only if you use it as a climbing frame. Otherwise, opening the fridge door would cause it to topple even if it was placed on the floor/table. There's a bloody great big heavy compressor at the back stopping it tipping forwards.

Anyone who manages to kill themselves by pulling a small fridge on them deserves a Darwin Award, as they clearly have nothing to offer human progress.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Also known as Duck Tape/duct tape

Good general-purpose sticky stuff, for better bodges :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Are you sure about that?

MBQ