How do I remove 22mm pipe from this pushfit?

I need to move my shower pump about a foot put don't know how to remove the 22m copper pipes from the pushfittings that join to the flexible hose that connects to the shower pump. The pump is an Aqualiser and I guess (like most) it came with flexible hose push fit pipe connectors fitted. The connection is a 22m pushfit and looks like the red end of the following picture

searching for some information yesterday I think I came across some info suggesting it maybe a "plumbfit" fitting. But I'm not sure about this. What is the best way to remove the pipe from it? Then what do I need to do to use it again. If worse comes to worse I can cut pipe above fitting and add a compression joint.

Reply to
axean1

You simply push the red collar towards the fitting, while gently pulling the fitting off the pipe.

To remount, just push the fitting back onto the pipe.

Reply to
Grunff

As Grunf said push the collar nearest the pipe back into the fitting with a screwdriver or another tool. The collar may not be red though. It may be grey(Speedfit), red, white, (polyplumb) or some other colour dependant on type of fitting.

Reply to
Bookworm

The the other have given you the theory. I practice depending on

1) The location 2) The tools you have 3) The condition of the pipe surface you will be able to remove the fitting with ease or not at all.

A use full tool for compressing the red part is the back side of the tool for demounting the cuprofit pushfits that s/fix sell. If you can get the pipe were you can grip it well you will have a better chance. If you had cleaned the pipe and put a smear of silicone grease on it first then you will be able to get the fitting off many many times easier.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett