How do I DIY my time

The time now is 18:02

I'm sat in England

The time at the bottom of this page is "All times are GMT +1. The tim now is 10:06 PM."

The time in DIYBanter Options is GMT 00:00

My windows clock is set to 18:02

Time appearing on this post 10:0

-- Cameron

Reply to
Cameron

It's because your PC is set to the wrong timezone - probably USA Eastern Seaboard time, or something - and the usenet system is believing your 18:02, and adjusting it to UK time.

Reply to
Roger Mills

In article , Roger Mills writes

Search for a program called atomic.exe its freeware. This will "ping" a timeserver once a day and keep your clock very much on time!.

There is another little utility called Tclock ex written by Dale Nurden which makes the clock section on a windoze machine all the more useful....

save you looking;!.

tony sayer

But that isn't the problem. He has to reset his clock by clicking on it and checking what year it is running in as well as adjusting it for the minutes being out, before bothering with the days months and hours.

It could be that the CMOS battery is duff. They only last about 8 years although they can go to 10 or more. I always remove my power cable these days when the PC is not in use.

I had a PSU blow up on me due to a faulty DVD Writer. (I hope, 'cause that's what's been taken out to cure it.)

The times zones run at 1 hourly intervals. Minutes will be the same wherever.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Why?, theres no charging circuit any more you know.

Dave

Reply to
gort

tony sayer wrote in news:RtmnlGC+ snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk:

If you (OP) are using Windows, you probably don't need to go looking. Windows 2000 onwards (XP, server 2003, etc.) have time management built-in. You might need to configure it - but that is likely required with any third-party software as well. Mind, I don't think that is the problem either - access usenet directly.

Reply to
Rod

In article , Weatherlawyer writes

If the CMOS batt was U/S a lot more settings would be amiss..

Well one presumes the OP has checked them?. If not suggest he does ASAP!...

Reply to
tony sayer

tray clock, alarm clock with Longhorn style:

support

In article , snipped-for-privacy@download-up.com writes

Yes so it does:)

Reply to
tony sayer

If you knew what a newsreader was, you would be probably be using one and wouldn't need to ask that question so I'll suggest

instead.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Thanks everyone but....

PC is brand new - custom built - XP - certain the CMOS battery is ok

Time zone is correct - both in windows and in DIYbanter Otions

I think 'Raden' put his finger on it!

"You're using DIY Banter - give up and commit suicide"

Can i use something else?

PS appoligise now for whatever time appears on thi

-- Cameron

Reply to
Cameron

When did you *actually* post it?

The initial time stamp in the header is Fri, 12 May 2006 05:31:03 -0500

This indicates that it posted at 5:31 am by a PC whose timezone is 5 hours behind GMT (or 6 hours behind BST) - so that means 11:31 UK time.

According to DIY Banter, it was posted at 1:19pm UK time - which is nearly 2 hours later. However, that time is clearly wrong because someone answered your message at 11:58 am - which would require a degree of clairvoyance!

I suspect that we have two separate probems here - each of which needs sorting individually.

Reply to
Roger Mills