HOW DO GAS VALVES WORK

Hello everyone,

Wondered if anyone could tell me how a "Multi functional gas valve operates" in a bit of detail such as:- There is a call for gas, gas enters the orifice putting pressure on the underside of the diaphragm........................ Going onto to how the ignition devise works in all this!

I know I am asking a lot but it would really help!

Thanks Nik

Reply to
Nik

i have a diagram in my corgi book i think, if you want a copy email me at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
Gav

There's a little gas valve pixie inside each unit that is woken up by an electrical stimulus. He then turns the gas valve on or off before going back to sleep.

It's true I tell ya!

sponix

Reply to
sponix

You don't really need to know how the innards of these work. If you give us a hint of what you are trying to build or fix a simpler approach should be forthcoming.

Muti-function valves usually contain a thermoelectric valve and a solenoid valve and a pressure regulator, a bypass output for the pilot, pilot gas rate adjustment and test points for the inlet and/or outlet pressures. They are not site repairable and probably not economically repairable anyhow. They can contain rubber parts of a similar gauge to a condom.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

So no VAT then ? ;-)

Reply to