how can i get an accurate horizantal line?

Pythagoras managed to do it..

Not really. It may take longer, but it will get there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I laid this house out using a long level, and string, supported on posts at intervals. A theodolite would have been quicker, but the string with a level laid along it worked..Ibe yet to see a bricklayer who works to better than 3mm anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL Yes, I had forgotten about the third dimension. I must get out more :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Where is this B & Q that sells straight timber then? :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've got a cheapy self-levelling thing. =A320 from somewhere, it was. It=20 works, too. It made building the conservatory so much easier. The only=20 drawback is the beam isn't very bright - certainly not much use in=20 daylight beyond about 6'. Dusk, indoors or closer, no trouble.

--=20 Skipweasel. Never knowingly understood.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Just put some reflective tape where the laser is shining. I have used my very small laser outside in sunshine to find boundary pegs buried in the ground, by putting a car rear reflector where the peg ought to be.

Reply to
Matty F