How can I decommission my domestic Euro-MERiDIAN alarm system

It's more than good enough.

Reply to
Bruce

There will be a fused connection unit somewhere, the wiring will need to be altered.

You can put a switch in the feed to the sounder if you want.

Reply to
dennis

Have you complained? Offcially, in writing, every time the power goes from more than say an hour. Wind your similarly affected neighbours up to complain as well. If you make enough noise the REC will do something about it.

Considering that the (single) 33kV feed to the local substation and the

11kV to us is all overhead and must be at least 30 miles long going over high and exposed fellside our power is very reliable. I'd say no more than one cut a year that lasts for more an hour. Occasionally the auto-recloser will trip but that is just off for about a second until it resets. It will latch off if it trips more than 3 times in a minute and that does require men in Land Rovers to come out find the fault and manually reset the auto-recloser.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There may or may not be a fused connection unit. I see lots of alarms without a fused connection unit.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Indeed. I have not found one yet.