How best torejuvenate parquet floor

I ma decorating and with all the furniture removed the parquet flooring is looking tatty. There are a number of shallow scratches as well as a tired look. The floor was sanded and sealed a few years ago, a part from having it re-sanded is there any way of rejuvenating it and hiding the light scratches? The floor has never been polished, if that helps. TIA

Reply to
Broadback

Do you know what was used to seal it?

Reply to
polygonum

My experience is that a couple of coats of new seal makes a stupendous difference. However, it may highlight scratches a bit, unfortunately.

Bear in mind that you can only sand parquet a few times, as most consist of a nice top layer with something less attractive underneath. So, apart from the work involved in sanding, you would be reducing the overall life of the floor.

Reply to
GB

Another sanding is not a problem as the blocks are solid. Sadly I cannot remember the name of the wood, it was new to me, also I cannot remember what sealant the contractors used.

Reply to
Broadback

Clearly it doesnt need sanding again. Clean it up well, & apply more of the finish that was applied

NT

Reply to
meow2222

There may be a few out there that would suggest a light waxing rather then urethanes.

Reply to
RayL12