House prices in the 50's

Is that all you can come up with. This man was saying he was brought up in a modest household and went to a not because he was super bright or something like that. He didn't and wasn't.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

Dribble you are so predictable. Your statement above is undoubtedly false. The market is currently well below the previous high point.

Reply to
Roger

The statement is very true. You are trying to think again. How is the brainache?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

Thinking would appear to be an activity you are not at all familiar with.

If your statement was true the the stock market would have recovered from the last major drop but it hasn't. What's more it is unlikely to do so in the immediate future. If Chinese demand for oil continues to expand faster than the oil supply or the American oil industry continues to suffer as much as it has during this years hurricane season there is just a chance it might never again reach the peak of a couple of years ago.

Reply to
Roger

One more essential thing you forgot to mention, waterproof share certificates. :-)

Reply to
Matt

Roger, do you still hear the voices.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote: assive

Has dIMM changed personality? Aren't Tony and Nu Labur the answer to all our problems?

Maybe the new medication is starting to work!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Would you care to translate that into english please?

Reply to
John Rumm

This is worrying. You will have to see Maxie about that.

They are.

I wish you luck with your dosage.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

For you Essex types. Apples and Pears, boiled beef and carrots, boiled beef and carrots. Wiv aught me barra, me auld c*ck sparra.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How many companies that were worth investing in in 1900 are still around today?

You have to TRADE at some point to make the money, or risk it all going down the bunghole.

An average fund will, if you are lucky, offer a yield of around

4%...with active management.

Few trackers average better..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

paying 25%/40% income tax on it as you re-invest...dividends are classed as income..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think you have it there.

I kill filed the moron, so I never get tempted to respond directly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not if it is wraped in a PEP or TESSA ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

And our snotty uni man speaks. well utters drivel really.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oy moron - there is no part of Essex that is within the sound of Bow Bells.

I might not have gone to a not but Essex girl I am and proud of it. Super bright I also am. And I wasn't.

Reply to
Geoffrey

I didn't go to a not either, but I'm bright enough to know that Auld Cock Sparra is Scottish, not Cockney. There was a guy who used to spout a monologue on a Hogmanay TV programme years ago about a boy who shot a wee c*ck sparra with his bow and arra and a man came along with his barra who wasnae his farra (or something like that).

Reply to
Peter Taylor

"I think you're starting to descend into the realms of fantasty, Jones". (Capt. Mainwaring)

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Fantasty??? Stupid Boy

Reply to