House of Horrrors

You all watch HOH ? Does it strike you that all the 'Clients' are really gullible Can anyone tell me how many "duds" they find b4 a real cowboy turns up ???

Reply to
Mr John X

In message , Mr John X writes

Well the Cowboys are already filtered by the public they have ripped off in the past

Reply to
geoff

It made me smile to see the cowboys driving big transits but they don't even carry a 3-port valve or a washing machine hose on board.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

I'd like to see a similar program, exposing the likes of barristers, solicitors, vets and dentists for the robbers that they are.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Mr John X

... and estate agents

Reply to
none none

Speaking of vets, a local one (very close to Alder Hey hospital, might=20 give a clue to the name) has a few tales...

(1)

We took a dog that had been poorly for a while, and they said it was just= =20 a "summer virus" - gave it a jab and sent us packing. Two weeks later,=20 there is no improvement - went back and started to get the "summer virus"= =20 spiel again. By now we`d seen 3 different vets at the place, and we now=20 knew they were wrong.

We took it to another vet straight away - they took one look at it, said=20 "its testicle cancer, and its that bad, it has to stay in NOW or it has=20 no chance"

Good call - the vet chopped some delicate bits, and the dog lived happily= =20 for about 4 years more (it was about 11 when the problem first started)

(2)

I know someone who took their dog to the same ("summer virus") vet. The=20 dog had a simple fracture. The owners had an insurance policy... The vet=20 spent over =A33000 on "treatment" which involved removing and replacing=20 bandages DAILY (we reckon just to make sure the bone didn`t mend).=20 Treatment stopped immediately the insurance policy ran out.

The poor dog never did walk again properly.

(3)

A colleague took their dog there (having serious trouble breathing) - it=20 was 5 minutes before their normal opening time. She banged on the door=20 begging for help - they just told her they weren`t open yet. She shouted=20 what the problem was, and they shouted back that they weren`t open yet=20 and she`d just have to wait. The dog died in her arms on the doorstep to=20 the vets`.

--=20 Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email

  • old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam *

Colin Wilson

Not enough channels for that one.

-- Adam

adamwadsworth@(REMOVETHIS)blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thats been done ..

Reply to
BillR

A lawyer one would be poor TV as it would probably take years and the "victim" would be dead before the prog was broadcast. I've got a classic lawyer story. We had two letters from a solicitor, each gave completly contrasting advice to the other about the same issue (the 2nd came the day after the 1st). They may as well have been written by different people although they were signed by the same person. When asked in writing for an explanation, there was no answer. So we refused to pay their substantial bill and have heard nothing more.

Reply to
BillR

Don't be silly, of course they do. Being paid to go and get parts whilst sitting in the cafe is an old trick.

'You can't win 'em all.' Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world. There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965 richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you. 2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond. 3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself. 4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining they're having no effect. 5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know how to avoid them. 6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored. 7) Eat vast quantities of pies. 8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades. 9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while secretly reading it. 10) Pretend you're a hard bastard when in fact you're as bent as a roundabout. 11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet 12) Die of old age 13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded" The Big Yin.

Reply to
LordSnooty

Love it!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

(3)

A colleague took their dog there (having serious trouble breathing) - it was 5 minutes before their normal opening time. She banged on the door begging for help - they just told her they weren`t open yet. She shouted what the problem was, and they shouted back that they weren`t open yet and she`d just have to wait. The dog died in her arms on the doorstep to the vets`.

How can people do that? You would think people working to help animals would have some sort of compassion and do anything they can to help. Someone needs a good slap for acting like that :-(

Indeed ISTR that they were given a few names by Trading Standards.

A case in point was one episode where they wanted the septic tank emptied. All the quotes (about 10) they got from the Yellow Pages except the one from the cowboys was about (60-90) quid. The cowboys did nearly nothing for 400.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ah, but the difference is, they are deferential, and smile a lot while they're ripping us off!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

In article , none none writes

Estate agents can be a real PITA.

We're looking for a house at the moment, and one thing we have learnt to be wary of is the photo they provide of the property. These are usually very selective or even deliberately deceptive shots, so what you can't see is how close the neighbours are or how short the front garden is, etc. One photo we found yesterday appeared afterwards to have been printed with a horizontal stretch, making the house seem an attractively wide one instead of the narrow and cramped pile it looked in real life.

Caveat emptor!

Reply to
Peter Twydell

The trouble with estate-agent's photos is that they have to be hugely wide-angle to get more than a fraction of one wall in and this gives a very distorted perspective to things. There's not a lot that can be done about this inside, but what really p's me off is when they use the same lens outdoors where there is plenty of space with the result that the plot looks a decent size and next door is a reasonable distance away and, when you get there, it's like looking at Siamese twins.

Reply to
Scott M

In message , LordSnooty writes

A tad over 35,000 then