House layout software

We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable) house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their contents can be visualised?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I used Punch "Professional" Home Design for a while and designed a complete 2 floor dwelling. Good fly-through capabilities inside and outside. Not a lot of fine detail provided on the furniture and fittings though it does beds, doors, stairs, sinks, taps etc. as I remember. £35 on Ebay or a bit more at PC world.

john2

Reply to
john2

If you're planning on buying the software go for the best.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ikea Home Planner?

I'm sure I had a similar thing from Dulux but can't find it for the moment.

Reply to
Newshound

Phil Anthropist

downloadable)

A snip at $2,200 !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Well nothing comes cheap. :-) DL the demo or have them send you the disc,although the save routine has been disabled it can still be usable.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

cite: "also runs on Linux with Windows emulator (like Wine) - only in English language!"

Hmm - now I'm interested. Must give that a go.

Usually I use Cycas CAD

on Linux which is great for 2D work, so floorplans. Claimed 3D abilities are painful though, as are the limitations on textures (whole objects have texture, not surfaces, so hard to paint same wall one colour in one room and a different colour in adjoining room).

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I thought that only did a single room, and even then limited to certain basic layouts, not too bad for freebie though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm using the SketchUp demo

8 hours free usage before you have to pay (=A3350!) - upside it's by far the most easy and quick/easy/intuitive drawing package I've used.

Reply to
dom