House Insurance

My daughter is moving house two weeks after her Building and Contents Insurance needs renewing. So the Insurers of 12 years - Direct Line were asked about doing a short term insurance for the following 2 weeks but they couldn't help. Blooming rediculous or what?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

most people just transfer the policy to their new abode.

Reply to
charles

Indeed...

She could take out a new (not a renewal, as you are likely to have the docs already) policy with them or someone else at the last moment, and then exercise your 14 day cooling off right, which starts when the documents arrive, or when the cover started (whichever is later)

She doesn't have an email address, so they will have to post them, of course...

Reply to
Toby

charles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@charleshope.demon.co.uk:

Currently the house is insured in my wife's name - and it will need to transfer to my daughter and her husband in the new house.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

If it's precisely 14 days, you can get cover and cancel since you have

14 days "cooling off". After that, most insurers will give you a pro-rata refund of your policy plus some fee.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Connell

Must pay more attention. What Toby said.

Reply to
Jon Connell