House extension plans; any examples online?

I'm considering building a 2 storey extension to our 3 bed semi. Are there any samples of UK house plans online, including sections, and drainage etc?

Something else that's bugging me: I'd like to do a loft conversion at the same time, incorporating the bigger roof space, but it seems one heck of a structural job. There are the typical 3 major purlins, supporting front back and side pitches. Ideally, I imagine I'd remove the side beam, replace the back & front ones with new rsj's, the full length of 'the orignal plus extended roof at side', ..but I believe the front roof has to be set back 1 m which makes it very complicated.

Thanks

Tony

Reply to
TonyJeffs

Have you consiered moving?

The financial aspect alone may be worth it. However, once you add in the convenience...

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

The local planning office holds copies of other peoples similar plans. You can't stick them through the photocopier but some councils publish the applications as pdfs on their websites.

i.e.

the good, although sparse on plans

Toby

I just made a cut-and-paste fake photo of what our extended house would look like using PaintShopPro... It looks good, but also makes it clear what a huge project it is.

Tony

Reply to
TonyJeffs