House Alarm -Wiring Help.

Is there any body who can help me with the wiring on a house alarm. The alarm has not worked since I moved in a few months ago. When I set is it comes up "Tamper" on the panel. Before I part with my hard earned cash I want to try an test/fix the alarm.

Question is > What colour wires refer to what ?

I presume the following Red +12v Black 0v White Tamper 1 Green Tamper 2 Blue Alarm 1 Yellow Alarm 2

Is this correct ?

Also on a presure mat, should you use blue and black on the looped wire and Red and yellow either side of the cushion ??

Any advise would be a help.

Reply to
Jamie

Wire colours aren't standardised in alarm systems (for obvious reasons). Don't use pressure mats, they are a real pain in the.....

Reply to
Martin

The only way to find out which colours have been used and where, is look inside the control panel at the zone terminals and tamper loops. Once you know that, you're on your way to fixing it.

Reply to
BigWallop