Hotpoint Dishwasher Problem

My daughter has a Hotpoint DC27 Dishwasher which is only 3 months old. It now refuses to start, flashing the prewash light. We have checked all the filters and hoses etc. and can find nothing wrong.

We have called the Hotpoint Service people but can't arrange a visit until about 2 weeks time. Does anyone know what fault this flashing light indicates? Maybe it is something simple we have overlooked?

Thanks Jim Orchard

Reply to
Jim Orchard

And this fault is showing no matter which wash cycle the machine is set to ? It sounds as though the pump is refusing to run when it should.

At three months old, take it back to the shop and get a new one. It is your right.

Reply to
BigWallop

Yes, any programme/cycle.

Three months + about 1 week actually. I'll tackle the shop tomorrow.

Thanks for that.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Orchard

Two things in geenarl spring to mind. It isn't empty cos the drain is blocked, or whatever makes it think the door is closed has fallen off...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just make sure the drain hose on the back is clear. You can do this by blowing down it and listening for the water inside to bubble as you blow.

Reply to
BigWallop