Hotpoint Aquarius Washing machine - Fuse in plug keeps blowing

My tenant says that he has replaced the fuse in the washing machine about 6 times in 2 months. They say the use of the washing machine is about 2x weekly.

Any ideas as to what is causing the fuse to blow this regularly, and anything i can do to stop the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
lavenders19

Are they putting in a correctly rated fuse?

Reply to
philipuk

Not too sure mate. i will check when I go round next time. Any ideas on what the fuse should be for a washing machine. I assume 13A?

Reply to
lavenders19

For a start, you should stop considering the fuse blowing to be a problem - it's not - it's a sign showing there is a problem with the appliance or wiring which is potentially dangerous. At worst this could cause your tenant serious injury or death, and if, as it sounds, you are sitting on a problem which your tenant has notified you about - that would result in extremely serious damage to your bank balance or, dare I say it, your liberty.

Get it sorted out now!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Many thanks David. I did get a 3 month warranty with my washer so i will go and see the seller this weekend.

Reply to
lavenders19