Hotpoint Aquarius Washer 1100 WM63

My hotpoint washer blows the fuse on the plug whenever I switch it on.Is there an easy answer to what causes this ?

Reply to
bmeech

what do you mean by turn on, when ever the power is turned on to the machine or when ever a wash cycle is started (especially when power is applied to the motor).

Andrew

bmeech wrote:

Reply to
Andrew

when ever a wash cycle is started

Reply to
Robert Meechan

so when ever the motor a starts to turn the fuse blows ??

Robert Meechan wrote:

Reply to
Andrew

Bob

what I should have written is what activity is the machine about to carry out when the fuse blows

  1. starting the motor
  2. opening the water inlet(s)
  3. starting to heat the water

Can the machine spin with out blowing the fuse. what can the machine do with out blowing the fuse ?

Which ever item is attempting to be used when the fuse blows is probably the faulty item, without any further info i would guess at the motor, but it could be other things too.

Is the machine under warranty ?

Also d> so when ever the motor a starts to turn the fuse blows ??

Reply to
Andrew