Hotdog "prod" thingy

There are heated toasting prods for hotdog rolls available. You stick a long roll, e.g. submarine roll, over the pointed end and because it's heated the roll sinks down over it, making a pocket, which you then fill with a hotdog sausage, onions, ketchup etc. Has anyone seen one of these in Britain or knows where to look for one? I did a quick Google search, but I'm not sure what the utensil is called. The prods I remember are about 8" long, about 3/4" in diameter, with a sharply pointed end.

MM

Reply to
MM

The Long Bar at Stirling University had one in the late 80s or early 90s something.

Ebay is the new google

put "hot dog" into the search box, (with the quotes) then in the results click "show all categories". Shift-Click to open in new window the categories Home/Kitchen and Business/Industrial - this gets rid of all the records or clothes or naff things with Hot Dog in the title

item number 4383176997 or item number 4383756872 from 99p

Beaumark BM599 Hot Dog Maker Stainless steel heating rod heats the inside of the bun Steams from 1 to 6 frankfurters

Professional ones:

item number 7517951185 heated aluminium spikes, 1 sausage steamer with divider and lid. capacity approx: 50 lrg or 70 small sausages. Unit is complete with protection screen. Thermostatic temp control currently at £100

item number 7518366446

3 spikes currently at £170

item number 7518178586

4 spikes currently at 99p

item number 4383441734 MACCHINA PER HOT DOG Nostalgia Retro Coca Cola Oggetto semplicemente unico!! Stupenda macchina per fare Hot Dog in versione Nostalgia. Ottima non solo per farli ma è anche (e soprattutto) un bellissimo sopramobile per la vostra cucina. aboput £40 in Euros

Owain

Reply to
Owain

MM wrote in news:cem9919f1adfcrhrb6tk9hi1h8n831vm02@

4ax.com:

. The prods I remember are about 8" long, about 3/4" in diameter, with a sharply

They sound useful

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Crikey! You're a star! I would never have thought of that. Yeah, this eBay malarkey is pretty amazing.

MM

Reply to
MM

One thing I really look forward to all year long is eating at a little cafe at the bottom of a ski slope in france, they serve a small cheap menu of croque's, sandwiches and the Hot dog which is half a french bread roll spiked by prodder as described and filled with a bollock and hoof hotdog thing filled with ketchup........................................

allthough this is the best thing ever! when in the middle of skiing it is nothing compared to a 'herta' brand frankfurter done on the barbie or on the fry pan or micro in anything bread like with a load of sauce over it.

you could use the wife's curling iron I suppose

Reply to
Paul

:o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I suppose if you just want an, er, heated probe Ann Summers might have something that could be adapted ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Can I pop round and ask her, then?

MM

Reply to
MM

Yeeeeesss, not a list of ingredients normally found in Tesco's. I prefer to think of my hot dogs as containing the purest pork with no dangly bits! Currently, I buy quite tasty ones packed in brine in jars from Lidl. Steer clear of Princes brand hot dogs, they are utter crap. The Herta ones are okay, though.

MM

Reply to
MM

I knew that somebody would eventually suggest that. It was simply a case of waiting to see who it would be..... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

You could try Nisbets, they seem to do everything allied to catering.

down today for repair though.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Heh heh, second-hand goods only improve the flavour! My my, gran, where did you buy these hot dogs? They're awesome!

MM

Reply to
MM

Well, you can see it wasn't me!

MM

Reply to
MM

Well, I've never been in an Ann Summers so I don't actually know what they sell. Their shops just look incredibly tacky (worse than Argos) and I prefer to get any playthings of that ilk from higher-class emporia.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Apparently they have parties. Lots of women together giggling, getting drunk on Babycham, etc.

There's nothing worse than Argos, except perhaps for Aldi, Lidl and Morrisons.

I imagine that there are boutiques in Edinburgh and possibly places like Bath and Buxton with Royal Appointment insignias "By appointment to HRH the Prince of Wales, purveyor of cattle prods".

For example.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Apparently Boots do all kinds. The assistants could probably help. Ask a pretty one!

MM

Reply to
MM