Hot Water Problems!!

Hello,

I am new to this group and I am hoping to find some friendly help and advice about my hot water problems.

I have two separate boilers, one for the heating (in my bedroom) which works great, and one for the hot water (in my kitchen), which doesn't seem to like heating my water.

The main problem I have is that to get any hot water at all, I have to turn on the tap at the bathroom sink and leave it running to get hot water for my bath, and kitchen sink. (Bathroom is located next to kitchen). The water does not heat up to piping temperatures, it is only just above lukewarm. This means I have to fill about 10 kettles to get a hot bath!!

When I check the boiler the pilot light is lit (it is gas) and the extraction bit outside kicks out loads of heat.

On the front of the boiler there is no temperature dial or anything visible to press, apart from the ignition for the pilot light.

I am completely clueless as to how to fix this, and what could be causing the problem. Please help!!!

Reply to
emilyloughridge

Sounds like a multi-point water heater. "MAIN" would be the most likely make for this.

I think you're saying you have to run the water very fast to get the gas to come on? This means that it can only make luke warm water at best.

The cause most likely is a split water diaphragm.

Service kits are available for water heaters.

Reply to
Ed Sirett