Hot water pressure

Just had the kitchen re-vamped and the new sink fitted with a single lever ceramic valve 'shower head' tap. The tap looks great but the hot water flow is pathetically weak There was no problem with the flow with the earlier conventional tap. I telephoned the tech dept of the tap manufacturer who advised me that single lever taps are mainly of European origin and not really suitable for gravity fed hot water systems. Bearing in mind 90% of hot water systems in the uk must be gravity fed I'm puzzled as to why they are selling these type of taps over here. Is there any sort of pump than can be fitted into a gravity fed hot water system to increase pressure?

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Well, many houses do have high pressure hot water systems. Given that these houses are often the same ones that are being renovated/newly built, then the market for new mains pressure fittings is larger than you would expect.

Oh yes. And they will transform your bath filling and shower performance, if you use a gravity mixer shower rather than an 'orrible electric one.

If you feel loaded, go for a Stuart Turner Monsoon. If you want value for money, try a Grundfos Home Booster.

You need a "single impellor" to boost just the hot. To boost cold as well, you need either "twin impellor", or alternatively, you can fit a single impellor and replumb the bathroom to have the cold taps connected to the mains, which has the advantage of allowing you to brush your teeth in drinking water rather than tanked stuff with a rat floating in it.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Every house retro fitted with a combi, or mains pressure DHW in fact.

I am sure it was only a big mouse.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All the tanks I've seen for years come with a lid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread I've started but - whether or not your cold water header tank has a lid it will invariably have a disgusting scum within it - most do. Not the sort of tank you would want to drink from!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

LOL Have you ever been to your local water company's treatment works.

Reply to
Mark

Well, you've had a more than comprehensive answer from Christian, so it's on to matters arising, as usual. ;-)

Might depend on how much use it gets. If it only runs the bath and that isn't much used then perhaps. I had to change the ball c*ck on mine recently and it looked fine. The tank is about 10 years old and plastic. Galvanised might be more of a problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)