Hot Water (or not) Problem

I've just bought a new house and am sorting out the multitude of problems before I move out of my rented flat. One of the problems is that I need to install a shower which I was planning to do with a simple mixer (put off a thermostatic by Part P comlications). The boiler is a Vokera Excell 80SP combi boiler which I'm led to believe should be adequate for a shower - the installation manual specs it at

11.1l/min flow rate at a 30 degree temperature rise. The central heating is working fine, but the hot water varies between boiling hot at a trickle to tepid at a decent rate.

The Baxi Combi 80e boiler in the flat I'm renting at the moment has similar specs to the Vokera and a similar water pressure coming in, but the hot water on that is fine. Anybody got any ideas why I'm not getting a better flow rate of hot water on the Vokera?

Reply to
Redeye

This is the correct operation. However if the overall flow&temperture rise is not as good I would suggest scaling on the DHW side of the secondary Heat Xer. You can stop it doing the the 'boiling' by turning down the max HW control if it has one.

Reply to
Ed Sirett