Hot water & old boiler(not ladies)

Think you probably do that too often already. It would account for the lack of little grey cells.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Matty, did you do the whole calc? or were you guessing again?

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Can't stand the stuff myself, and it is right, now we know why your grey matter is deficient.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Anyone with an iota of common sense wouldn't even have to bother. The levels of insulation you're describing come into the bounds of perpetual motion.

Try touching the case of a modern programmer. Is it remotely above room temperature? No? Then it's not using significant power to all intents and purposes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

.....would get the relevant data and do the calculation and stop guessing like you do.

Common sense and electronic caber tossers do not go hand in hand.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

But you didn't do the calculation. You relied on an advert - as usual. And they always rely on half truths, opinions or downright lies.

I'll give you the power consumption for an ancient Honeywell electronic controller (25 years old) - in the rest mode with the relays not made - which would be the condition where your thermal store is not being heated if you want.

But it will be so tiny as to be insignificant - given the memory battery will keep it going for several months.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Whole calc, no guessing (unlike you). The future's, bright, the future's copper. Fit a tank today and chuck that combi away.

Reply to
Matt

Have you done the calculation? No. Such a maker upperer of things.

....On the good ship Plowman they all did sail ....he was the skipper to no avail ....he sent the crew atop the mast ....until he spouted to them at last ....I'll keele haul ye, I will be jabers ....so cut the masts and make em into cabers ....because of cabers the ship did wreck ....I have my cabers said cap'n, so what the heck ... the breaking of law the police did pursue ....Cap'n Plowman was dragged into public view

....the judge did say in all his day ....a case so bad he did not sit ...."the mans a fool I will commit" ....the judge, he screamed, "an idiotic fool" ....the capn' now resides as uk.d-i-y newsgroup tool

Reply to
Doctor Evil

No more than you have. You've simply quoted an advert. And been conned as usual. You've been told by several how much current a quiescent timer or programmer takes so live with it and admit you're wrong again.

[snip the waste of bandwidth]
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just think your living is going to be whittled away as people wise to instant water heating. Sad but true Matty.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Maxie, calcs were done. Show me your calcs, instead of hot air.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Well do the calculation instead of making thing up.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I (and many others) given you the facts to correct your original guess, but you choose to ignore them. So nothing new there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you done the calculation? You haven't but know the answer?

Reply to
Doctor Evil

hamps is just hamps newtown=killergram x meeter / sekonds x sekonds jules=newtowns x meeters coolem = hamps x sekonds bolts = jules / coolem wotts = jules/sekonds wotts = newtowns x meeter/sekonds wotts = killergram x meeter x meeter / sekonds x sekonds x sekonds wotts = bolts x hamps

add in sum numbburrs

1.25 milly hamps x 240 bolts x 24 ours x 365 daze = 2628 killerwott ours

You dimm docktor kneading elp four simmple calkulation Sum want you to fer koffee butt Matt ee finks you sad tw@

And remember campers, throw out that combi today and keep the doctor at bay. Book early and you can have your airing cupboard filled by lots of copper quicker than you think.

Reply to
Matt

"Matt" wrote in his usual maddened manner in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Sure they are, yes. Sure they are.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Why? It makes far more sense and scans better than your 'poems'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in a senile way news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

It would make sense to the likes of you.

Reply to
Doctor Evil