Hot water - None!

Hi guys,

This is a last resort before i need to get a plumber out.

We didn't need our heating on for a few months as we had a good summer, when i did put the heating on around a month ago, something appeared to happen in my system, as now i can't get hot water without turning on my heating for the radiators.

I thought i may have created an airlock, so used a hose and tried to fix the problem, it seemed to work for two days, but then same again, no hot water unless the radiators were put on.

I've tried bleeding the radiators, emptying the system, filling it back up, but nothing is working. It's a real pain, because there is no need for the radiators to be on, its only the hot water we want, so its money down the drain really.

Its a combi boiler i have, 4yrs old, the house is only 4yrs old. I also pulled the boiler apart (to a certain degree!) i seen the pilot light on, but shortly afterwards i seen it off, then on again (i don't know if this is normal)

My heart skips a beat at the thought of a couple of hundred pounds bill.

Anything at all would be really welcomed. Thank you.

Sm1ler

Reply to
sm1ler

Could be a faulty port valve never giving the "HW only signal". It might be possible to lock the valve in the HW position but run the system on "HW+CH" but it's hardly a solution.

Reply to
adder1969