Hot water from cold tap

Hi,

I just turned the tap on to get some cold water, but the water was piping hot. In the bathroom I only get hot water from the cold taps, but the kitchen tap is fine. I have a Primatic water cylinder, and I have turned the power off as well as the water heating from the boiler.

Any idea what can be causing such a change? What else should I be looking for - we have a cold water tank in the loft, but I have never ventured there? After draining the water from the cold tap, the water is gradually turning cold, but I wonder whether the primatic cylinder got done in the process.

Cheers, simulet

Reply to
simulet

You are in Italy, the hot tap is marked "C" (caldo = hot) ;-)

Reply to
Nige

Check that the cylinder thermostat is OK. It sounds as if the cylidner is overboiling into the cold water tank. Check the stat. If the thermostat is fine, then drain down the cold tank and cylinder and fill is slowly. The air bubbles may have been blown out. If the stat is kaput then still drain down and refill.

Reply to
IMM