Hot water flowrate

We live in a flat and, having just replaced the kitchen sink and taps, find that what was already a low flowrate at the hot water tap has been made somewhat worse, a litre of water now taking about 20 seconds to deliver. The problem originates with the limited head of water (about 2 metres) and is exacerbated by the small-bore tap connectors (which replace the previous direct 15mm connection. Cold water is at mains pressure, which is good (about 5 seconds to deliver a litre at the kitchen sink). Is it viable to pump the hot water to the kitchen sink? Cold water feed to the header tank delivers a litre in as little as a couple of seconds so there's little risk of running the (approx 250 litre) tank dry.

TIA

Reply to
nog

nog wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

The problem originates with the limited head of water

I use a Grundfos Home Booster pump for this and am very happy with it.

If you can fit it direct to the outlet of your HW tank it will boost bath and sink as well.

YOu need a good pipe run from the Cold tank to the hot tank, ie unimpeded

22mm, full bore valves, etc, to be sure of not sucking air in, but you should have that already

mike

Reply to
mike ring

And complete with automatic flow-sensing switch! Now on order from Travis Perkins. An ideal solution - thanks for that. :-)

Reply to
nog

nog wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

Hope it makes you as happy as it's made me

mike

Reply to
mike ring

mike ring wrote in news:Xns96D1D45F71A6Bmikeringbtinternetco@130.133.1.4:

I fergot to say, it comes with a couple of 1/2" pipe converters IIRC, I presume to get into 15mm pipework.

If you're going into 22mm, trash them, and get a couple of 3/4" to 22mm compression convertors.

I hope I've got the details right, but you'll see what I mean.

I had to scratch my head for quite a time, as I thought they were compulsory

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Thanks Mike - no doubt it will become clear when the pump arrives.

Reply to
nog