Hot water cylinder thermostat changing.

Hello,

I have a faulty hot water cylinder thermostat and need to replace it. Do I need to drain the cylinder down to below the thermostat's level or can it be replaced without having to do this? If I need to drain the cylinder down, could you let me know the correct procedure for doing this. Thank you very much, Regards

Reply to
Womaniser

Almost certainly not. If you have an immersion heater, Turn off power, remove cover disconnect the stat and lift out. Replace with one of the same length. If you have the type of thermostat stapped to the side of the tank, then power off to the heating system and swap for a new one making sure the wires go to the same switch contacts as before. It is not unusual for heating systems to make use of both the Normally Open and the Normally Closed contact pairs.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

On 2 Oct 2005 09:15:02 -0700, "Womaniser" scrawled:

Should just be a case of remove it with water still in the tank.

Reply to
Lurch

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your prompt reply, it is greatly appreciated. I have the one which is strapped to the side of the cylinder so it sounds fairly straight forward then. Thanks again and regards

Martin

Reply to
Womaniser

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your prompt reply, it is greatly appreciated. I have the one which is strapped to the side of the cylinder so it sounds fairly straight forward then. Thanks again and regards

Martin

Reply to
Womaniser

Hi Stuart,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, it is greatly appreciated, Regards

Martin

Reply to
Womaniser

Except in Y-plan or equivalents where it is very much the norm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett