Hot water, but not from all taps

Hi there,

I have a (rapidly ailing) combi-boiler which, up until recently, was providing a good supply of hot water. It still does this, but only to some locations. My kitchen tap and shower are fine, but the sink and bath are not. The bath hot water comes out tepid. You can hear the boiler firing occasionally, but only occasionally. What could be causing this?

Peter

Reply to
psaffrey

Given that the boiler isn't making a conscious decision to provide you with hot water at some locations and not others, you need to ask yourself what the difference between them is: therein lies the cause.

For a start,what is the flow rate of water at the different locations? (time how long it takes to fill a 5 litre bucket). Maybe there's a blockage somewhere? Could it be that the boiler's pressure sensing switch isn't tripping at low flow rates?

David

Reply to
Lobster