Hot water but no central heating

Hi all im Tony and are new to this site I hope some one can help me with this problem if I turn my programmer to hot water boiler will fire up diverted will open and i get hot water however if i ask for C/H and no hot water boiler no longer fires up this been my problem any advise would be welcome

Reply to
TONY

Room thermostat set too low? Wireless room thermostat battery failing?

Reply to
alan_m

What kind of boiler is it? conventional heating boiler with separate hot water cylinder, or a combination boiler that uses no tank and heats water on demand?

Based on what you have said so far, it could be the room stat not working, or perhaps a valve not moving correctly.

You can read about the various ways in which these things can be configured here:

John Rumm

Hi There thanks for the response I have checked room stat and turned it up to full, boiler still not firing up ??? I think the problem might be the programmer not communicating to the boiler or a fault in the micro switch in the boiler will check it out tomorrow thanks Tony

Reply to
TONY

Thanks for the reply the boiler is a glow-worm flexicom system boiler its on a S plan i have checked the valves and they seem to be working ok and so dose the pump room stat seems to trip in and out ok im thinking i have a problem with the programmer because when i have it on hot water demand it works fine boiler fires up and pipes in the airing cupboard get hot when I put the demand onto central heating light on the programmer come on but no response at the boiler when i make a demand for hot water and central heating ,boiler fires up both motorised valves move and all pipes in the airing cupboard get hot what do you think thanks Tony

Reply to
TONY

On 23/12/2014 23:44, TONY wrote: |

sounds more like the micro switch in the ch motorised valve at fault. Find a wiring diagram for the valve and a multimeter,

Reply to
Bob

Agreed. Either the micro-switch has failed, or the valve is opening - but not far enough to operate the micro-switch.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi Bob yes your right i found that the micro switch on the ch valve was at fault ive changed it over and all is working well now.

*A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO ALL WHO REPLIED WITH SOME ADVICE MANY THANKS HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR *****************************************************************
Reply to
TONY

Well done, good result.

Reply to
newshound

How do you mean, changed it over - swapped in a new one? How did you do that? It looks easier said than done on a Honeywell 3-way motorised valve.

Reply to
Big Les Wade