Hot Water Boiler Screaming/ Buzzing Noise

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes' wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

The model of the hot water heater is Range Powermax 155 from RSA Waterheating Limited.

Thanks

Gerard

Reply to
tanwengkit

At a guess, kettling. Caused by the water reaching near boiling point in the boiler. May be aggravated by low system pressure or low pump speed (or a symptom of a failing pump).

If you have a sealed system check the pressure.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Our 8yr old combi squeeled loudly, there is a ventilation fan in the top that runs at half speed when the boiler is idle and full speed when lit. The bearings where dry and it squeeled loudly on the slow speed, a can of spray on grease shut it up.

Reply to
Pete Cross