Hot tap problem

Hope someone can answer this query, many thanks if you do.

In our bathroom the washbasin has a mixer tap. The hot tap has, over the last few months, got gradually slower and slower so the water now only trickles out.

I'm no plumber but I have managed to check the washer on the tap and it's not that - in fact even with the washer etc all removed, if I turn the water back on it still just trickles out.

Do I need to get someone out to look at the pipes? Is there something obvious a total non-expert can investigate?

Reply to
Timbo

If you have a spare tap lying about change it over for elimination purpose of the tap, then work back through towards the source of the hot water system. I suspect its the tap itself as I've come across the problem your experiencing a number of times and in most cases its been the tap valve itself.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thanks!