Hot Radiator, Cold Room.

I've just knocked my bathroom and toilet into a single room (7'6"x7'6"x8'3"). I used Barlo's heat loss calculator to work out that I needed approx 3200 btu so have installed a 3900 btu Biasi towel radiator.

I was expecting toasty but although the radiator is very hot, the room is, at best, slightly chilly. The radiator (or system) hasn't been balanced but gradually closing the lockshield valve seems to have little noticable effect.

Any ideas because I'm not looking forward to shaving tomorrow morning...

Thanks, col

Reply to
SpeedyC

Was this figure gross or derated to account for the actual water temperatures? With a conventional boiler, you need to generally multiply manufacturer's gross output figures by 0.9.

Did you account for air changes in the room?

Opening it should increase the output up to a point.

To ask the obvious question - you haven't got towels on it have you?

The output quoted will be without of course.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Draughts?

Reply to
OldScrawn

IME, I reckon you need about double the size of the radiator for that size of bathroom and that's if the heat losses are fairly low. Sorry. Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Yes.

Maybe the odd one, but not really any more than before.

Reply to
SpeedyC

So much for heat loss calculators...

Reply to
SpeedyC

Did you use the correct material choices? I found that one or two of the U values in the barlo program are wrong (can't remember which). It's worth checking against another source of U values.