Hot-fill-only domestic appliances?

AFAIK there have only ever been cold feed dishwashers, but that doesn't prevent you connecting the filler to a hot feed.

Reply to
David

I understand what you are saying. However as we have a hot fill dishwasher, it seems to me that the enzyme benefits are pretty minimal in terms of the end result. Running the machine at a lower temperature really degrades the wash performance. High temperature washing is the thing that gets results.

Reply to
Capitol

Is it designed to be hotfill and how old is it (because I've not come across one designed for hot fill of any recent vintage)

It may well be that it's programs aren't designed to take advanatge of modern detergents? like I said our new dishwasher does wash better than our old one - even on it's 'eco' program - which is a I presume the coldest wash, but without checking the manual I don't know as it doesn't have temps on it

Reply to
Chris French

Have you ever been on a hand washing up training course?

I have (20 years ago) and the ONLY way to clean uncooked batter is with cold water.

Reply to
ARW

I've never seen that and I installed my first one in 73, cold only for the dishwasher.

In my case for filthy greasy overalls.

In my case because the hot water was with off peak electricity at less than a third of the cost of peak electricity. But cold water was used for the dishwasher because doing the initial rinse with hot water set proteins on the dishes and makes it a lot harder for the detergent to get off in the hot wash. Much better to have a cold water fill and it doesn?t use enough water to make much difference to the cost of heating it with peak electricity.

Reply to
john james

It's specified as cold fill. People don't really design dishwashers as you can tell if you ever attempt to stack or operate a US one!

Reply to
Capitol

I find warm water much more comfortable and it works.

Reply to
Capitol

I believe in the Royal Society's motto. It's worked very well for me.

Reply to
Capitol

I think our new one (Maytag) washes better than our old one (Bosch) but it doesn't dry as well, especially on the quick & eco programmes.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I haven't been on a course, but I have worked that out over the years!

Reply to
Adam Funk

Never suggested or said that you would have Two hot feeds, the point was the a fair old bit of water would flow before any hot water got into the machine so most of the water drawn won't be that hot because of losses in the supply system;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

tony sayer wrote: Never suggested or said that you would have Two hot feeds, the point was

If you have two appliances and/or more take offs on the same feed pipe and it is well insulated, you will end up with a hot feed and very few losses.

Reply to
Capitol

So then overnight the water in an insulated pipe is going the loose how much?..

Assuming of course that they are insulated in the first place which hardly any are.

Course if the tanks only a couple of feet away;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

How else

You also need cold fill for washing paint brushes are rollers.

Reply to
alan_m