Hot and cold pipes buried in wall

It is my intention to install a shower and bury the hot and cold pipes in the wall, which will be tiled over. Any tips, such as copper or plastic, don't do it, or anything please?

TIA

Reply to
Broadback

In message , Broadback writes

Either copper or plastic should be fine. Though I guess copper should be wrapped in 'Denso' tape to protect it.

I installed a shower in a similar way a few years ago. I used Hep2O plastic pipe, one advantage of was that I could run single length of pipe for each supply from the valve, down the wall down under the shower tray and along the wall to a suitable point for the isolation valve. Only joint is an elbow joint right next to the shower valve. Once installed the pipes can just be plastered and then tiled over.

Reply to
chris French

No, just completely check it for leaks before you cover it over.

DAMHIKT. :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I threaded the 15mm copper inside 20mm PVC conduit, and bent the two together in a 22mm pipe bender to bring them out under the bath. Seemed to work quite well. Pressure tested it to check for leaks before plastering.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I suppose you never saw the state of the 15mm inside the conduit.

Reply to
IMM

Only thing to add to other posts - I wouldn't use compression fittings along the parts to be buried.

Reply to
StealthUK

Well, I just tried it with an offcut and then sawed through. The 15mm pipe crosssection is slightly more oval than if bent with the pipe bender directly, but not so as you'd notice unless you were specifically looking. If you used a 20mm conduit former (which I don't have) rather than a 22mm one, that probably wouldn't happen either, but it's not going to matter.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Do it. Get a flush mounted mixer if the wall is deep enough to take it. They look fantastic with no plumbing visible.

Both copper and plastic will be fine. However, some mixers would prefer copper as they are secured by their pipework rather than being mounted themselves. This especially applies to bar style mixers.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle