Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post

Only if you post a link to the legislation that says they cant.

Reply to
The Invalid

Water Industry Act 1991 (c.56)

Places a duty on the water company to supply water.

Places a duty on the water company to supply enough water for domestic use.

Enables them to break this duty for the purposes of a hosepipe ban, but only for car washing and watering gardens.

Your turn.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Not relevant to my point

Not relevant to my point

You just answered your own question

Reply to
The Invalid

Quite right. Leave your video recorder on at night over the weekends to capture the OU output these days. They are getting swamped by "What the Romans did for us" sort of dumb.

I quite like those sorts of things, maybe as infil they are OK but there does seem to be a move to undo any "pushing the envelope" intentions that were the formats of the stuff from yesteryear.

Or am I just missing the bald, long haired men, with wide spotty ties in huge shirt collars?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I think your original assertion was that the water companies can make up the rules as they go along - which is wrong. If you can't substantiate it, don't waste people's time.

Reply to
Stan The Man

No it wasn't my original assertion at all. If you cant understand what was written then don't waste peoples time by replying to something that is beyond you

As a private company a water company can impose whatever regulations they see fit, subject to their statutory obligations.

Reply to
The Invalid

But you did say that, in:

That's when I stopped bothering about your posts.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The Water companies are not private. AFAIK they are all quoted stock. Any company can and does make rules which may or may not have the force of Law behind them. So what's the problem?

Reply to
Rupert (W.Yorkshire)

Here is the full text of your contribution on May 3: "Water Companies can make their own rules for usage. There doesn't need to be any law imposed."

So, why do you deny something which is on record?

But it's obvious that I know considerably more about the subject than you do... You are just a Smart Alec and a troll.

No it can't. No water company has any statutory obligation to supply water to an outside tap and yet they have no powers to prevent any householder from leaving an outside tap running 24 hours a day if anyone chose to do that. The _only_ usage restrictions currently available to the water suppliers are the use of hosepipes to water gardens and wash vehicles. They cannot make up any of their own rules about what other uses to prohibit. Try to understand and move on.

Reply to
Stan The Man

What I said there was

"Simple really. Though there are national laws, each company can make their own rules."

Which is no different than what I said in my previous post

"As a private company a water company can impose whatever regulations they see fit, subject to their statutory obligations."

But as you seem to have problems with comprehension I wont confuse you further

Reply to
The Invalid

Reply to
The Invalid

Either they are in pedantic moods or didn't get their legover for a few weeks.

Reply to
The Invalid

The difference is the level of regulation and control by the Government because water is a) an essential resource and b) not owned by the water companies. Consequently, Defra set all the rules about how it should be treated and delivered and the water companies set none.

Reply to
Stan The Man

Their statutory obligations being that they can't impose whatever regulations they see fit.

You are an arse and I claim my 5 pounds.

Plonk.

CHristian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle