hose clips of ford fiesta

I'm having to change a heater control valve since one of the plastic spigots sheared off. Anyway, the hoses use those funny sprung clamps. I'm not sure if they will have enough tension to reclamp the hoses. Is it acceptable as a permanent repair to use those hose clips that tighten by turning a screw ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

have used both no problems with either

Reply to
TMC

sheared off.

have enough tension to reclamp the hoses.

turning a screw ?

why should not the equivalent of replacing an abacus with a cray supercomputer not be acceptable?

Those clips are there to shave 3p off the production cost. They are cheaper and can be put on in less than a secobnd. A ring screw clamp might take 30 seconds or more.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ots sheared off.

l have enough tension to reclamp the hoses.

en by turning a screw ?

Whilst I've used them and not had problems, using a Jubilee type fastener on plastic pipes is not a good idea, the spring clip type arrangement allows for some degree of thermal expansion in the plastic pipe, Jubilee clips don't, which can stress plastic parts.

Reply to
airsmoothed

igots sheared off.

ill have enough tension to reclamp the hoses.

hten by turning a screw ?

Before I forget, when I do need to fit a modern spring clip style clip then I sue a small cable tie to keep the clip at maximum diameter, then when i've got the clip in the right place I snip the cable tie. Doubtless there's a proper tool but I don't fit many so I've never bothered buying one.

Reply to
airsmoothed

spigots sheared off.

will have enough tension to reclamp the hoses.

ighten by turning a screw ?

Well the bloke at the car parts place said jubilee clips OK, so I used them= . We'll see how it goes... This part gives up the ghost every few years anyway, when the plastic becom= es brittle and fractures. The car parts bloke says be supplies loads of the= m (on the fiesta and Ford KA).

However, your point is noted, and I love the idea of the cable ties to keep= the clips open.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

sounds like the Irish garage when my brothers' bike broke down with the same problem yet again. "Must be very good, these parts; we sell an awful lot of them"

Reply to
charles

That's what's called irony. It comes under the general heading of 'humour'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

but not, according to my brother, humour on the part of the garage.

Reply to
charles