Hoover washer

Hi all. For my pains I've had to resort to a 2nd hand reconditioned washer. I don't know what model number/name is. It has the words "Hoover Quattro AB 1200 system" on the front panel.

Hopefully someone will have experience of this range

I've tried the washer with the cold water supply to the right hand inlet (back view). The other inlet which is red in colur, leaked a little so I put a 3/4" tap connector and blanking nut on it but it still leaks a bit.

Is the machine able to operate with cold supply only?

Is there a fitting for blocking washing machine inlets?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

The message from "51" contains these words:

All machines can operate with a cold feed only, but some may require the cold feed to be doubled up to the hot feed as well so that it can think it's drawing hot when it's actually drawing cold.

Y-pieces are available to do this.

A better solution might be to give it a hot feed!

Reply to
Guy King