Honeywell ST6100 Electronic Timeswitch

I am afraid this is another wiring question.

The wiring diagram supplied is as follows:

-------' ' ' ' / Clock ' -off on- ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' N L 1 2 3 4

Suitable for potential free mains voltage switching. If normal mains voltage is required link terminal L and 1.

I have an existing 3a fused switch with three wires (brown, blue and black) + earth to my old mechanical timer.

If I connect N and L to N and L, and black to 4, timer can be set but no hot water.

If I connect N and L to 1 and 2, and black to 4, hot water ok but no time displayed.

Do I need to link L and 1 and if so, would I use a piece of similar wire?

Any replies gratefully received. Thanks in advance. If I connect

Reply to
david

On 1 Mar 2004 08:08:10 -0800, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (david) strung together this:

Yes to both.

No probs. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , david writes

It depends on your boiler

does it expect a switched live or just a switched connection

Reply to
geoff

In message , Lurch writes

NOT IF YOUR BOILER DOESN'T WORK WITH A SWITCHED LIVE CONNECTION

Sorry, to shout, but some boilers work on a short circuit on the timer to activate them - they require volts free contacts

You can seriously damage the control pcb by shoving main into the low voltage side.

Reply to
geoff

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:30:50 +0000, in uk.d-i-y geoff strung together this:

Point taken but if there were only 3 wires in the old clock, 2 of these being L & N then it can't be volt free. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Thank you for your replies.

The boiler is a Glow worm Micron 30FF.

Apparently an optional programmer is available, kit no. 458065.

The book also says electricity connection must be by a fused double pole isolating switch.

Hope this helps narrow things down.

david

In message , Lurch writes

This is true ...