Honeywell radiator knob

My rads are each fitted with a Honeywell knob that goes from position "Snowflake" to position 6. There is a loose grey button at position 4.

What is the point of the grey button? There is a very slight resistance as one turns the knob across the button's position. I don't see any point for it!

Why not simply mark the circumference with a 4, i.e. "snowflake" - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6?

MM

Reply to
MM

Commonly called a TRV (Thermostatic Radiator Valve)

Normally you have to depress the button to allow it to be turned up past that point, I suppose to dissuade people form just whacking it all the way up without thinking.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Same reason there is a little tactile bump on the 5 key of many phones.

Reply to
Graham.