Honeywell CM Zone problems HR80 ->HC60NG

Any experts on the Honeywell CM Zone heating control system?

I can't get my HR80 radiator controller modules to communicate with an existing HC60NG relay module. The CM67z room unit and three HR80's were bought as a pack in Germany recently. The HC60NG boiler control unit came with a CM67NG RF room controller (model reference T6667D1081), bought about four years ago in the UK.

The CM67z will correctly set the HR80 programmable temperatures and the CM67z can communicate with the HC60NG, at least if I set parameter

17:SU to 1 or 2 (which automatically sets 7:tS to 2) before doing the binding. However the CM67z with the factory default settings won't bind to the HC60NG. The HR80's won't switch the HC60NG output ON whatever temperature I set manually. I've tried clearing all the bindings and running through all the teach-ins from zero but I am still stuck.

Any ideas? I wonder if the HC60NG is too old to receive data from the HR80's but I don't want to go and invest =A360 in a new HC60NG if it is not the problem.

Reply to
easysat

Have you tried Honeywell themselves?

Reply to
hzatph

Yes but they weren't very helpful. Their support seems to be ony for professional installers.

Reply to
easysat

I can't get my HR80 radiator controller modules to communicate with an existing HC60NG relay module. The CM67z room unit and three HR80's were bought as a pack in Germany recently. The HC60NG boiler control unit came with a CM67NG RF room controller (model reference T6667D1081), bought about four years ago in the UK.

The CM67z will correctly set the HR80 programmable temperatures and the CM67z can communicate with the HC60NG, at least if I set parameter

17:SU to 1 or 2 (which automatically sets 7:tS to 2) before doing the binding. However the CM67z with the factory default settings won't bind to the HC60NG. The HR80's won't switch the HC60NG output ON whatever temperature I set manually. I've tried clearing all the bindings and running through all the teach-ins from zero but I am still stuck.

Any ideas? I wonder if the HC60NG is too old to receive data from the HR80's but I don't want to go and invest £60 in a new HC60NG if it is not the problem.

Go find a scanner, I seem to remember that the new generation of the CM67 are on a higher frequency band, 868 MHz cmpared to 433 MHz...

this be the problem?

Reply to
James Salisbury

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I got a friend to email the very efficient Honeywell German customer service and they replied within a few hours. They're a lot more knowlegable than their British counterparts when it come to CM Zone. It turns out that my HC60NG/R6660D boiler control has software that is too old to function correctly with the CM67z and HR80. You can tell which software you have by looking at the code on the NEC microcontroller on the circuit board. It needs to be version 1.82 or more recent and not

1.88 (perhaps a typing error as the version numbers are not increasing?) . As it is impossible to update the software, the only solution is to buy a new HC60NG. Mind you, nowhere on the Honeywell site does it hint that not all HC60NG are compatible with the CM Zone.
Reply to
easysat