homemade pinboard II, galvanised metal sheet

Hi all A few weeks ago I asked advice here on making a pinboard for the little darling's artwork. I got some very good ideas, everything from wood to wine corks. I liked someones suggestion of metal and magnets. They suggested the side of a fridge but I've had no luck with that. I was hoping to get a new shiny metal sheet, but don't know where to start. I remember my dad making cow feeder from galvanised sheets that were tough but could still be bent/hammered into shape. I fancy the galvanised look as it has the sort of frosty pattern. Any ideas where to start looking? I need about 3 foot by 5 foot. Cheers suzanne

Larger B&Qs sell sheets of it; I think they do them as big as that but not sure. Alternatively, try 'sheet metal workers' or similar in Yellow Pages. Would be cheaper than B&Q, for sure. David

There's a company called metalsupermakets (it's a US franchise I think) they have several branches around the country: http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/ has a locater page. They claim to do any amount.
If you want a magnetic board in stainless or crude steel then Manufactum have some at a price:
http://www.manufactum.co.uk /
then stick magnetic board into the SEARCH box.
Colin

These are good suggestions. The metal supermarket sounds like the job but unfortunately there are none in Northern Ireland. (There are none in Poland either, but I don't live there.)
Found the magnetic boards on Manufactum which look lovely but the thought of more than 30 makes me choke.
"Suz" wrote | A few weeks ago I asked advice here on making a pinboard for the | little darling's artwork. I liked someones suggestion of metal | and magnets.
Supermarkets and similar shops, loads of metal shelves can get skip'd during refitting. But not usually galvanised.
Nice big galvanised Dusty Bin for keeping toys in to complete the colour scheme.
Owain

during
Like that idea Owain. Very good.

Yellow pages, metal, ferrous, sheet, metal fabricators, etc.
Or go round the local metal scrappie, see if theres anything that looks nice and offer 3. Its surprising what turns up at these places.
Regards, NT
Suz wrote:

If you want some small shiny round magnets, try a florists. Apparantly they use them instead of pins sometimes on bridal outfits etc.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

Almost any sheet steel supplier should have that in stock, usually you will need to buy a complete 8 x 4 sheet.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...
Suz wrote:

I saw Santa driving the number 5 bus today, times must be hard if he's needing to get a bit of overtime in as he was moonlighting at the supermarket as well.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

Funny, I could have sworn he was behind the wheel of the refuse cart as it went down our road this afternoon.
PoP