Homeform (Moben, Dolphin and Kitchens Direct) in administration

Homeform, which owns Moben, Kitchens Direct, Sharp Bedrooms and Dolphin amongst others is in administration. The operations of Moben, Dolphin and Kitchens Direct have been closed down.

Peter Parry

has to wonder how long firms expect to trade despite being regularly exposed as providing a very poor service.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

As long as they can get away with it, when they can't, go bust, set up a pheonix company that buys the brands and assets cheap, repeat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Huge

In the case of Moben, at least 30 years. :o(

Reply to
Huge

me to look at a toilet that wouldn't flush.

Cistern had been boxed in & tiled over completely, no access whatsoever.

"Who did this"? I asked.

"Dolphin Bathrooms" she replied.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

given a regular supply of naive public sector workers with someone elses money burning hole in their pockets, a long time..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sadly I fear this is no more than the inevitability of market forces.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All things considered, I'd rather have Moben than God, but now we are in the fortunate position of having neither.

Reply to
Huge

+1
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Next stop the Royal Family.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If only.

Reply to
Huge

Do you seriously want President Blair Brown or Cameron? I think a powerless monarchy is relatively harmless.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And a powerless President on a limited term is even more harmless; if you hate them, you know they'll be going away. Are you really looking forward to King Charles the Tampon?

Reply to
Huge

Actually the monach has quite a lot of power. The convention is for them not to excercise most of it. This is why the queen has not abdicated in favour of Charlie because he probably would (use it).

If we had an elected president I can't imagine Bliar or Cameron being elected.

I'd rather have a president that we can get rid of than a monarch that we cannot.

Reply to
Mark

I agree, but we can get rid of a monarch. The process tends to be kind of terminal, though...

Reply to
Huge

In message , Huge writes

As a farmer I have views about Charles and impractical green ideas:-) As a modest landowner, I have no envy of landed gentry.

Really I don't know enough about constitutional law to argue power structures but I do find the idea of our parliamentary hotshot having to go cap in hand to the palace reassuring.

Looking across the water I find the political manipulation of *big money* of great concern.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Some of 'em may be barking but at least they were independant of the government. Unlike the number of government appointed Lords that are now creeping in. The Lords used to be able to knock a bit of sense into the rubbish the commons would come up with but not any more.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What do you expect when one of his mates that he employed as his PR bloke is likely to end up in the dock. We have an even bigger and nastier clique than normal in power ATM.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Naah. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. All politicians are scum.

Reply to
Huge