Homebase Scam

A "heads up" for you and any of your friends who may be regular Homebase customers. Over the last month I became the victim of a clever scam whilst out shopping. Simply going out to get hardware supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you.

Here's how the scam works: Two seriously good looking 18 or 19 year old girls come over to your car as you are loading your stuff into the car.

They both start wiping your windscreen with a rag and soapy water with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" and instead ask you for a ride to another Homebase. You agree and they get in the back seat.

On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen October 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th,

20th, three times just yesterday, and very likely again this upcoming weekend as soon as I can buy some more wallets.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

LOL - one for the FAQ :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Do they take a Homebase card tho' ?

Stuart

Reply to
anony

Which branch offers this service?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Same here, wife says this DIY will be the death of me :)

Reply to
DIY

Anyone want to lend me a car ?

Reply to
the_constructor

Why of course they do... "Just swipe your card here sir!"

joecool2000

Reply to
joecool2000

Very good! Another popular one :

I'm not usually one for posting warnings about potential scams but I had a near miss the other day.

I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy, dressed in orange, asked me if I wanted decking. Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Reply to
Steve Walker